100% Natural Premium Honey Roasted Sliced Ham
Our all-new 100% Natural Honey Roasted sliced ham has a subtly sweet, smoky flavour characterized by the honey-roasting process that our artisans go through to ensure that only the most luscious ham is created. Made with all-natural ingredients and absolutely NO artificial colours or flavours, our Natural Honey Roasted ham is perfect for any meal. Try it in a ham and cheese toastie, or even in a fresh ham and melon salad for a refreshingly light meal.
Braised Cabbage Rolls Stuffed with Rice, D’Orsogna 100% Natural Premium Honey Roasted Sliced Ham and Green Peas
- 100gm diced D’Orsogna 100% Natural Premium Honey Roasted Sliced Ham
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2.5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 30gm grated Parmesan
- ½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ wombok , savoy or drumhead cabbage
- juice of ½ lemon
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20ml olive oil
- 1 x 400gm can crushed tomatoes
- Sauté the onion in the olive oil until soft.
- Add the rice and stir over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the hot chicken stock and simmer over a medium heat until the rice is just cooked through. Add the peas, D’Orsogna’s 100% Natural Honey Roasted Sliced Ham, parsley and Parmesan and season with salt and black pepper.
- Blanch the cabbage leaves in boiling salted water for 2 -3 minutes, drain and cool.
- Lay the leaves out flat on a clean dry tea towel and place 2 heaped tablespoons of rice mixture on the front half of each leaf.
- Fold the sides of the cabbage leaf in and roll up to form a cigar shape.
- Pack tightly into a baking tray and drizzle with the lemon juice, chicken stock and olive oil.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 180*C.
- To make the sauce, fry the garlic in the olive oil until aromatic.
- Add the tin of crushed tomatoes and simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the cabbage leaves on a spoonful of the tomato sauce.